Saturday, April 17, 2010

Not Sure What To Say

A year ago I was landing at Ronald Reagan National Airport trying to make it back to Virginia to see my friend, Beth, before she died...I didn't make it in time to say good-bye.
I did make it to grieve with other close friends and to offer support to Beth's family for a couple of days.
I am having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact that a year has gone by, it doesn't seem possible,...

Life has gone on,
The earth has continued to spin,
And
God is still in control.

I still don't understand why Beth's time on earth was done when it was,
but I do know that His purposes are higher than mine and I do know that she knew Him and is with Him today. I rejoice in the fact that I knew was able to know Beth, that I laughed and cried with her and that I will see her again someday.

No comments: