Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Thankful for Friends

"A joyful heart makes a face cheerful." - Proverbs 15:13

I am thankful for many things, family, good health, a home, a job, healthy kids...but I am very thankful for my friends. Being an Air Force spouse has given me an opportunity to meet lots of women and make many acquaintences and friends.

Friends, I believe are those individuals who know me. Know my expressions and can tell when I am having an off day even if I haven't said a word. A friend knows who I am on my worst day and likes me anyway. If they are a good friend or a bff, they might even call me on having that kind of day and ask what is going on. I am thankful that I have some friends like that. I had lunch with one of them (my bff Susan) today.

The pizza was great, the salad, not so much, but the conversation and fellowship were wonderful. Friendships grow us. Gloria Gaither said, "I'm not what I want to be, I'm not what I am going to be, but thank God, I'm not what I was!"

Thank God, I am not what I once was. I am not yet what I want to be. I am being changed every day into what God wants me to be. I guess when I am done changing, I will just be done.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Since I am blessed enough to know you WELL...I can honestly say you are definitely NOT the same girl that walked into our church 3 years ago. Neither am I the same girl you met 3 years ago. I truly believe that was all part of God's Plan...tossing us together, using each of us to help the other grow. To really know what it means to know and love one another. He is so cool, that way.

I have been so blessed by your friendship. Your sistership.

Love u.

Susan said...

And I, for one, am especially thankful for friends that dump their sick children on their spouses, pass up an opportunity to take said, sick kid to the clinic, just to honor a previous commitment to a friend.

You rock.