Friday, April 4, 2008

Field Trip Part 2

Yesterday was the BIG field trip to Philadelphia, PA for my daughter's 6th grade class.



The bus ride up was not too bad, 3 hours, the children were tired and so they slept most of the way to Philly.



We went on a walking tour of the historical area, Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Christ Church, Benjamin Franklin's house (or where it once stood) and a walk past Betsy Ross' house.



To Constitution Center for lunch (Yummy Philly Cheese Steak), movie and gift shop and then back on the bus for a 4.5 hour bus ride home. Much longer than the ride up.



I spent most of my day looking for the 4 children who were supposed to stay with me (which they did for the most part) in a bigger sea of children and keeping up with the marathon running tour guide. She could move in that long dress and bonnet.



I came home and poured myself into bed and was asleep before 10pm which is a rarity for me.



Here are a few pics from the trip.



1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow. That is a LOOOOONG day. Oy.

Loved the pictures, though.

See you tomorrow...

Love u.