Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sitting Still

Sitting still is not something I do well. Even when I am watching TV, I am doing something, cross stitch, crochet, something with my hands.
Last night at bible study, we are studying He Speaks To Me by Pricilla Shirer, she said during the feeding of the 5000, Jesus told the people to "sit down." It wasn't until they sat down that they were fed. I found that interesting, but even more interesting was that the disciples were busy working and feeding the 5000 that they missed being fed. Now, they were doing a good thing, but they missed out on the feeding.
I have been thinking about that a lot, last night and then this morning. How often am I so busy doing "good things", Godly things for the kingdom, that I miss being fed? Am I too busy with stuff that I am not being filled up with Him? I think the answer to that at times is, Yes.
One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."
I think I will go sit with Him for a while...

No comments: