Monday, March 24, 2008

20 Years Ago

20 years ago this month I was picking out a wedding dress, planning for the biggest day of my life.
Last week I was sitting in Air Force Retirement Briefings with my husband, planning for the biggest day of our life.
Reality is setting in quickly about this retirement thing...So many decisions to make about medical insurance, TriCare Prime, TriCare Standard or Extra, survivor benefits, VA benefits, SGLI, VGLI (too many acronyms to list). I walked out of the briefings, my head spinning and my husband saying, "I know you didn't enjoy this, but thank you for attending." I guess I earned some points on Friday. :0)
I looked over at him while we were having lunch in the bowling alley at Bolling Air Force Base and said, "Has it really been 20 years? It feels like yesterday we were signing me for an ID card and visiting the base hospital for all the inprocessing stuff." He responded with a quiet "Yes."

At times it seems so long ago and yet it was only yesterday.

No comments: