Monday, March 3, 2008

Discouraged

Ever feel so discouraged you don't know which way is up? I have been in that place since last night and this morning. But as I was sitting here at the computer woking on a task that needs to get done and listening to itunes, the lyrics to this song hit me like a ton of bricks:

Breathe on me, breath of God,
My spirit yearns for You.
Hide me in Your fathering arms
Fill up my longing soul.
Flood over me like a river, my God
Immerse me in Your living streams
Awaken the song You placed in my heart
Spirit breathe on me, Spirit breathe on me.

Breathe on me, breath of God,
Burn bright Eternal Fire
Father draw me near to Your heart
You are my one desire
Flood over me like a river, my God
Immerse me in Your living streams
Awaken the song You placed in my heart
Spirit breathe on me, Spirit breathe on me.

So I stopped what I was doing, cried out to God and gave it to Him...He can take it.

1 comment:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

I watched Narnia today, hoping it would distract me from feeling cruddy. Which it didn't, cause I still do, but this made me think of Aslan breathing on the statues and a little bit of color showing through and then spreading until the whole statue came to life.

Love that image.

(And if this doesn't make sense, just blame it on the fever that won't go away...)