Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend

Busy week, busy weekend.
Friday was the last day of school for me. I said goodbye to my pre-school class, packed my room and headed home from there for the last time.
Picked the kids up from school, met hubby at the Metro and went to see Speed Racer. This was not a movie I wanted to see, but my son, who is 7, was all over it. All in all, it was not a bad movie.
Saturday we started cleaning out the garage. We filled David's truck up with things to take to Good Will. The pool opened and the kids wanted to go. The pool is not heated and it has not been overly warm this May. The water was COLD! I sat happily at the table and watched. I love that they can swim and don't need me in the water anymore. We left when the lips were blue and we could hear chattering teeth from the pool.
Sunday was church.
Monday we headed back to the pool. The family swam while I baked and visited with people.

It was a busy weekend, but at last it is beginning to look like summer.
Baseball is winding down, school is almost out, and swim team will begin next week. We can be found at the pool every afternoon until school is over and then every morning until the end of July.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

I wish we had a pool handy - the closest thing is the local State Park. They've got a great swimming area, but since it's a lake, it takes a lot longer to warm up, so Wendy can't swim until late June.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend! We had to order a new liner for our pool...so we wont have it open until probably next week...yesterday the high was 85 today 57. Wacky MI weather! So we might have used the pool Monday...but probably wont get the chance for another week anyway!